CanCan Campus Ambassador: UCLA
As a CanCan Campus Ambassador at UCLA, you will network at UCLA. Primary responsibilities will include organizing and coordinating CanCan parties for women in their late teens and early 20’s to educate them on breast and ovarian health, giving them tools for early detection, preventive lifestyle choices and self- advocacy. You will act as a liaison between your campus and CanCan to give healthy women, from all walks of life, a fun way to learn what they can do to feel more in control and less in fear about cancer.
- The ambassador will be challenged with roles and responsibilities for professional and personal growth in the following: health education sales, marketing, and communications.
- Minimum one year commitment (excludes holidays/summer/winter breaks). 5-7 hours each week: including evening and weekends when necessary. January 2017-December 2017
- Direct supervision under CanCan’s Program Manager (PM) Program Manager must have at least two years educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- Weekly meetings between ambassador and Program Manager
- Ambassador responsible for weekly log of hours/activities/progress. Success is measured by quantitative and qualitative outcomes and accomplishing goals and objectives, not only by fulfilling hourly requirements.
- Orientation, training, and continued education related to health education and program development/management. Semi-annual personal and professional goal setting and follow up with PM.
- Organize, coordinate and attend parties for local university campuses (15/year/campus
- Campus outreach/ create relationships with panhellenic, resident halls, women’s groups, pre- med, health clubs and organizations, other student lead university organizations.
- Create/maintain university contact database
- Create 5 CanCan social media posts/month
- Improve and expand CanCan’s social media footprint and participate in social media campaigns
- Table at university fairs (general, volunteer, health) and on campus on a regular basis.
- Become familiar with university relations and confidently reach out to peers and campus administration .
- Responsible for campus party administrative tasks
- Distribute CanCan and Rivkin Center swag to university health centers/women’s groups/campus locations
- Create relationships with university health services
- Create relationships and PR opportunities with university publications and news stations: i.e. Encourage campus newspaper, digital and print to do a highlight piece on CanCan campus education and ambassador program. Invite them cover a larger party.
You are :
- Passionate about women’s issues/health
- A self-starter who is able to work independently
- Love meeting new people You are a relationship builder and networker
- Comfortable navigating the campus social system
- Interest in gaining experience and knowledge of the sales process
- Hard worker, able to see projects to completion
- Diligent and responsible to your team, including co-ambassador (if applicable), program manager and presenters
- A strong writer with excellent verbal communication skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of crowds
- Responsive, organized, and timely, in person and online communications
- Able to find humor in most situations
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
CanCan is all about putting people into action about their health, giving them tools for early detection, prevention and self-advocacy. We give people, from all walks of life, a fun way to learn what they can do to feel more in control and less in fear about cancer. CanCan is the ovarian and breast health educational arm of the Rivkin Center. As the educational arm of The Rivkin Center, CanCan is able to reach an even broader audience of women and educate future generations on both ovarian and breast health, and ultimately save more women’s lives. Frank, fun, fearless parties that save lives. For more information visit: www.rivkin.org/cancan.